One of the most significant parts of any electronic drum kit is the snare drum.
This instrument is important to several music styles such as pop, rock and electronic dance beats.
There are many reasons why getting a quality electronic snare drum is crucial for your electronic drum setup.
The best electronic snare drums offer the feeling that is close to that of a real snare drum, particularly when the feeling is considered with the sound of the snare drum.
Also, the pocket crack of the head and rim are important factors to be considered when searching for an electronic snare drum.
The following are the best electronic snare drum you can choose from in 2019:
Roland Electronic Drum Pad, 10-inch (PDX-100)
This is a high-end electronic snare drum pad.
The Roland PDX-100 pad normally ships with the high-end electronic drum kit like the Roland TD-25KV.
This drum pad has lots of attributes that give a reputation as one of the most realistic snare drum pads available.
Primarily, this drum pad’s diameter is 10 inches but it is not terribly heavy or large.
It will easily fit the common drum rack without much strain of heaviness.
Roland PDX-100 is a good electronic snare drum for playing, and it is delivered with six bolts which can be utilized to change the stick response and head tightness.
This drum pad can also be used as a tom pad whenever you need it.
Roland PDX-100 is compatible with the common modules of electronic drum kit and it is easy to set up.
|Item Weight||5.8 pounds|
|Product Dimension||6 x 14 x 5 inches|
|Shipping Weight||5.85 pounds|
- The feel of this pad is great.
- The bounce is nice.
- The build quality is excellent
- It does not come with a mounting bracket.
Yamaha XP120SD 3-Zone 12″ Textured Silicone Electronic Snare
This drum snare comes with the DTX760K electronic drums series.
Yamaha XP120SD is one of the most expensive electronic snare drum in the market.
The diameter of the snare drum is 12-inches.
It is a really strong piece with a blasted aluminum shell.
The aluminum shell offers a real sense of strength and assurance that will make the drum survive the severity of live touring.
In addition, it is robustly built but not heavy.
There is an adjustable control knob at the side of the drum.
This control knob is usually used along with one of Yamaha’s advanced drum modules.
This control knob can be used in various ways.
It can be used to change the snare strainer tension, the same way a real snare drum is adjusted.
On the other hand, you can use the knob to change sample sources on the fly during a performance.
|Item Weight||9.5 pounds|
|Product Dimension||16.1 x 16.1 x 4.9 inches|
|Shipping Weight||10.3 pounds|
- The snare drum is really strong with a blasted aluminum shell.
- It can be easily adjusted with the real-time control knob.
- It is fantastically quiet.
- It is expensive.
Roland PD-128S Snare V-Pad
Roland PD-128S is a 12-inch mesh head pad.
It has a unique rim sensor which has been specially designed for this snare pad along with the TD-30 Drum Sound Module to properly distinguish the rim-shot depth and dynamics.
The PD-128S has a special black-chrome color shell wrap.
Also, this snare pad can be mounted on a snare stand.
|Item Weight||8.85 pounds|
|Product Dimension||8 x 15 x 6 inches|
|Shipping Weight||8.88 pounds|
- The responsiveness is excellent.
- It is mountable on a snare stand.
- The rim sensor can detect rim-shot depth and dynamics correctly.
- There is no positional sensing.
Finally, when it comes to upgrading or changing your electronic snare drum, focus on the missing features of the drum module you own presently.
Majority of the drummers will be buying to change from rubber pads to mesh pads.
Or maybe to get more responsiveness in their toms.
Generally, most snare drum pads will work faultlessly when replaced with tom pads.
Although, it is important to read the manual of your module so that you can identify the parts the module is compatible with.
Then you can weigh out your options.
- Best Electronic Snare Drum in 2019 Review - January 8, 2019
- Top-Rated Drum Thrones in 2019 - December 31, 2018
- Best Headphones for Electronic Drums 2019 Reviews - December 17, 2018
- Roland TD-25KVX Reviews 2018 - December 10, 2018
- Roland TD-17KVX Reviews 2018 - December 3, 2018
- Transition from an Acoustic to an Electronic Drum Set – Is It Worth It? - November 26, 2018
- Best Single Bass Drum Pedal for Beginner Drummers - November 19, 2018
- Buy the Best Drumsticks for Your Electronic Drums – Don’t Buy the Wrong Drumsticks - November 12, 2018
- Buy Cheap Electronic Drum Kit as a Beginner Drummer - November 5, 2018
- What You Need to Know Before Buying an Electric Drum Kit? - October 29, 2018