If you are a drummer, then you should understand that the drum throne is one of the vital parts of your drum set.
Even if this simple piece of furniture looks like something that is unimportant, your throne is what makes your drumming convenient.
For instance, if you are using a stool that is not comfortable or didn’t provide the height you need, it won’t be easy to play the way you should.
Therefore, it is necessary to own a good quality drum throne.
Subsequently, a list of some of the best drum thrones available in the market will be discussed.
Every drum throne on the list is sensibly selected for the combination of comfort and quality, thus if you already own an uncomfortable drum throne, be sure to upgrade to any of the thrones as soon as possible.
Gibraltar 6608 Heavy Drum Throne
This is the first model of the Gibraltar Heavy Throne series.
Many of these drum thrones were designed for efficiency and comfort, so you should feel good after sitting for many hours.
Gibraltar 6608 Heavy Drum Throne has a seat that is similar to a bike saddle, therefore, you can lean forward comfortably without being scared of dropping off the edge.
The seat was designed with high-quality foam to make you sit comfortably for several hours without any distress.
In addition, the height of the drum throne can be adjusted between the range of 18 and 24 inches, which makes it perfect for nearly all sizes.
- Designed for efficiency and comfort.
- Thick foam padded seat.
- Suitable for heavyset and tall drummers.
- Easily adjustable.
- Strong legs.
- The material used for the base could be broken.
- It’s not appropriate for short drummers
- Some drummers may dislike the design of the saddle
PDP By DW 700 Series Drum Throne
This is made for drummers interested in an effective and simple drum throne.
This is one of the top-rated drum thrones which is medium-sized, which makes it perfect for most drum players unless you’re very tall.
It is easy to adjust the position of the seat and it has a lock pin system.
Thus, it stands up well and won’t slip out of position, although you will need to get under the seat for an adjustment.
The material is strong and consistent, which is really good.
- Affordable model
- Comfortable seat
- Rotating capability
- The lock bolt adjustment can be annoying.
- Not appropriate for heavy drummers.
The width of the seat may not be ideal for some players
ROC-N-SOC Nitro Throne Black
This is also one of the top-rated drum thrones to buy, it is quite common among drummers.
The seat is comfortable, stable, adjustable, and fits big individuals well.
The seat looks like bicycle saddle, which makes it more comfortable for drummers than the popular rounded design.
The elevation of the seat can be adjusted from eighteen to twenty-four inches.
The seat was designed with vinyl, which gives it a stiffer playing surface.
A lever elevates and lowers the seat the same way an office chair is adjusted.
Also, the heavy bracing improves the general durability of the drum throne.
- Adjustability & Comfort
- Sturdy design.
- Cost-effective drum throne.
- The height may be difficult to adjust.
Gibraltar Pro Oversized Motorcycle Style Throne
This is another top-rated drum throne made by Gibraltar, a popular company for its durable and strong hardware.
The seat was carefully made for drummers.
The top of the drum throne is a seventeen inches large seat similar to a motorcycle throne, a strong vinyl and Cordura are used for making the seat with extra-soft foam padding.
It feels really soft and comfortable, and it makes it easy for the thighs to slope down towards the pedals with no trouble.
The drum throne also feels very comfortable with the quality materials used for the seat.
The height of the drum throne is adjustable through the tool on the seat which is a swivel spindle that changes the height from twenty to twenty-eight inches.
This drum throne is really durable and comfortable.
- Large seventeen inches Cordura and vinyl seat.
- Great stability and support.
- Extra-soft multi-layer foam padding.
- No pneumatic height adjustment.
Gibraltar 9608 Drum Throne
This is also one of the top-rated drum thrones that support full-size drummers and it can be adjusted to heights between twenty and twenty-eight inches.
The height adjustment is very simple and quick.
Just adjust the seat to the desired height and then hold the adjustment by tightening the locking mechanism.
A secure hold is ensured by the third lock known as the memory lock, which is tightened with a drum key.
The height adjustment is also simple and quick, but you can lose the key.
It is advisable to attach the key to the stand to keep it from getting lost.
- The heavy-duty bases provide more stability and support.
- It is cost-effective.
- It is comfortable for all players.
- Well-built small toe stop that supports using heel-toe or slide techniques
- The drum crown is very strong and solid.
- The lock bolt adjustment can waste time.
DW Drum Workshop 3000 Series DWCP3100 Throne W/ Vise Memory
This is another quality product among the top-rated drum thrones available in the market.
The DW Drum Workshop 3000 series was designed for every drumming fan who needs both strength and comfort.
This drum throne has a sturdy thick seat and swivel features.
It is certainly designed to last.
The obvious feature of this drum throne has quite long adjustability range.
Thus, if you are considered short or tall, you won’t have any problem with adjusting the height to suit your size.
In addition, a lot of drum players trust DW products, so it’s certainly a brand to rely on.
- The height adjustment is easy, quick, and holds great.
- The drum throne is durable and cost-effective.
- The seat sinks down continually.
Overall, when searching for the top-rated drum thrones, the ones that stand out are the drum thrones with fully adjustable, reliable, comfortable and durable features.
Don’t settle for something that can get broken or uncomfortable over time, instead, select a drum throne that will be useful for many years.
- Best Electronic Snare Drum in 2019 Review - January 8, 2019
- Top-Rated Drum Thrones in 2019 - December 31, 2018
- Best Headphones for Electronic Drums 2019 Reviews - December 17, 2018
- Roland TD-25KVX Reviews 2018 - December 10, 2018
- Roland TD-17KVX Reviews 2018 - December 3, 2018
- Transition from an Acoustic to an Electronic Drum Set – Is It Worth It? - November 26, 2018
- Best Single Bass Drum Pedal for Beginner Drummers - November 19, 2018
- Buy the Best Drumsticks for Your Electronic Drums – Don’t Buy the Wrong Drumsticks - November 12, 2018
- Buy Cheap Electronic Drum Kit as a Beginner Drummer - November 5, 2018
- What You Need to Know Before Buying an Electric Drum Kit? - October 29, 2018